Friday, September 26, 2008

We're Back!

Okay, so I am finally feeling like I can breathe again. I've made it back on top... for now. Most of the time, I like my job, but when it takes over my life, I begin to wonder if it's worth the stress.

Anyway, we are all doing well. Bozeman is hanging in there. He is becoming less and less coordinated as he loses more feeling in his back legs. We will have to use the cart more and more in the months to come. However, he's still a happy dog- always waiting for the kids to drop even the smallest amount of food!


After Reese's speech therapy today, we needed to run some errands. I asked him to put on his shoes (which I knew wasn't going to happen, but I thought I'd give it a try). He ended up wearing Raly's shoes. He was so disappointed when I made him wear his own shoes.
So, I had a weak moment at Target. Here's the story: Raly took her sleeping bag to school so that she would have something to rest on during the time before and after school while I'm working. Because we already haul a "boat load" of stuff to and from school each day, we decided that it would be easiest to leave it there. I told her that she could ask for a new sleeping bag for her birthday so that she'd have one for home. While at Target she asked just to go look at sleeping bags-it turned out that they were only $11.99 and I started to feel myself begin to waiver. Big parental mistake, I know. After calling Daddy to get his opinion, we ended up buying one for Raly and one for Reese. How cool that they came with their own water bottle, flashlight, and backpack! Raly said, "We are having a lucky day!" When we got home, they wanted to have a pretend camp out in the tents. In the end, for about $24, I got some peace and quiet for an entire hour while they played (without fighting) in the basement with their new "toys."


1 comment:

Braxmeyers said...

Sometimes you just have to buy some peace. I got a much better deal than you--for only $1 at Target I bought Owen one of those furry black and white coloring pages that comes with its own cheapo markers that only last long enough for one picture. He's been coloring for at least 3 hours today.