Sunday, September 7, 2008

Shopping in Vail Village

For whatever reason, I'm not able to cut and paste pictures to get them in the correct order so these are in random order.

Raly, Mom, and I went shopping while the boys rested at the house. Raly got a hat and a toy from the Toy Store. I'm sure the prices weren't at all inflated!


Later in the afternoon, Dad and Reese met us to get some dinner. It was pretty chilly, but Reese played in the water anyway.
When we got home, Raly played with her new toy: "Ballerina Girl" also known as "Earing."
We took the bus from the Lionshead area to Vail Village. It rained on us for about an hour and then was sunny and pleasant.
Raly and Grandma wait for Emily to finish her shopping.
While we were waiting for Emily, we watched this man who looks like a statue. When you put money into his guitar, he tipped his hat and winked at you; otherwise he didn't move a muscle. We told Emily to sit by the statue so that we could take her picture. She knew we were up to something, but she wasn't sure what.
Well, he must have moved slightly and she got spooked. We laughed so hard we cried. Emily didn't think it was so funny.
Raly poses with a real statue!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Butler Family!
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Vail Village to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you :)
Jane